Some chats have special guests such as Lovecraftian authors, editors, and publishers, and some chats are just us talking and having a good time.
Lovecraftians are a family, and that means a lot to me. That’s why I started this. It’s face-to-face video chat, and it’s a lot of fun. It truly is the next best thing to being in the same room.
Want to join us? Here is what you need to know and do:
- If you want to join a chat, you need to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you know during the week that you want to video chat that Sunday, that’s even better. Let me know.
- You need a Google account to join the video chat room. You also need to join Google Plus.
- Although only 9 people can video chat at one time, there is no limit to the number of people who can watch it live You can watch it live on the front page of Lovecraft eZine, every week at 6pm EST.
- The chats are always recorded; if you can’t watch it live, you’ll be able to watch it at any time in the future. I link to the videos from this page (see below).
- To stay in the loop about the video chats, you should probably join the email update list (top right of this webpage), LIKE Lovecraft eZine on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, and subscribe to my Youtube channel.
- REMEMBER: The video chats are every Sunday, 6:00pm EST (3pm PST, 5pm CST, 11pm London). Here is a handy time zone converter.
So… join the cult. Video chat with us. You will probably go mad, but it will be a lot of fun.
Questions? Please comment below.
Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. For them are the catacombs of Ptolemais, and the carven mausolea of the nightmare countries. They climb to the moonlit towers of ruined Rhine castles, and falter down black cobwebbed steps beneath the scattered stones of forgotten cities in Asia. The haunted wood and the desolate mountain are their shrines, and they linger around the sinister monoliths on uninhabited islands.
But the true epicure in the terrible, to whom a new thrill of unutterable ghastliness is the chief end and justification of existence, esteems most of all… The Lovecraft eZine video chats on Google Hangout!
Every Sunday, I will post the latest video below, so bookmark this link. Watch the other videos at the Lovecraft eZine Youtube channel.
Talking with Ellen Datlow, May 19, 2013:
Talking about this year’s Lovecraftian conventions, April 21, 2013:
Chat with S.T. Joshi, March 3, 2013: