Here are some updates and previews for the next few months:
- The Kindle, Nook, and Podcast editions of issue #26 will be available sometime in the next few days. Apologies for the delay; NecronomiCON really put me behind.
- There will be no September issue. Sorry, but I’m just too far behind right now (blame NecronomiCON!), and it also wouldn’t be fair to those talented people who illustrate and lend their voice talents to each issue. So the next issue will be in October, which means…
- Yes, the October issue will again feature tribute stories to Roger Zelazny’s classic Lovecraftian novel A Night in the Lonesome October! If you haven’t read last October’s issue, you’re missing out. Read it for free here. (And yes, I’m still accepting submissions for this issue, from ANYONE. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org — but be sure to read last year’s issue to get an idea of what I’m looking for.)
- Sometime in the next few months, you’ll see a W.H. Pugmire tribute issue. This has been in the works for a while. I’ve got some great stories for you honoring this beloved Lovecraftian
fanboyauthor, and I’m also happy to report that S.T. Joshi will be writing the introduction to the issue.
- I’ve been asked — repeatedly — when I’ll start accepting submissions again. The answer is that I should be able to do so within 4 to 6 weeks. Stay tuned.
- Editor Ellen Datlow will be on the Sunday Video Chat on September 15 at the usual time: 6:00pm Eastern time (5pm Central, 3pm Pacific). If you have questions for Ellen, please feel free to email them to me at email@example.com . We’ll talk about The Best Horror of the Year Volume 5, which came out yesterday, and I’ll also make time for your writing questions! Watch the show LIVE at this link.
- Mark Meer will be on the Sunday Video Chat on October 13 at 6:00pm Eastern time. Mark is the voice of Commander Shepard in the MASS EFFECT video games and is a huge Lovecraft fan. Watch the show LIVE at this link.
- Author Scott Thomas and I did a Halloween show last year, and we decided to make it an annual tradition. So watch Scott and I LIVE on Wednesday, October 30, at 10:00pm Eastern time (9:00pm Central, 7pm Pacific) as we talk about Halloween, our favorite yearly traditions, and stories from Halloweens in years past — including a very special story I’ll share about my first Halloween in Iowa, in 1977. The show will of course be archived, so if you can’t watch it LIVE, you’ll be able to play it anytime the next day if you wish. Watch the show LIVE at this link.
- One of the many things we talked about on the last video chat was vampires and werewolves. I think it would be cool to do a vampire issue and a werewolf issue… BUT, bear in mind that this is a Lovecraftian magazine, and the stories still need to be Lovecraft-themed. (See the submissions page for my thoughts on that.) If you want to submit a story for those themed issues, feel free, but please bear in mind that it will take me a few months to read it. Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- There will also be a “King in Yellow” themed issue soon; the stories are in, but I’m not doing much on this one; I’m playing publisher only, and Joe Pulver is the guest editor. I plan on publishing the KIY issue in the next few months. Stay tuned.
- If I had a dollar for every time I’ve been asked about the Lovecraftian erotic issue, I’d be rich. 😉 YES, it’s still in the works. But NO, I haven’t had time to read many of those submissions. It is my goal to do that this month, and then decide when the issue will be published. Stay tuned. And look: Yes, it’s an erotic issue, but as with each issue, my standards are high. First and foremost, it needs to be a good story.
Well, that’s all I can think of for now. Questions? Please comment below.