Some readers might find it useful to see the range of publications that are publishing worthwhile horror stories. Although this list is long, it’s a tiny percentage of the stories I actually read. So if you find your story and name on this list, that’s a good thing.
In other words, it has to be a damn good story.
I’m honored to tell you that three stories published by The Lovecraft eZine in 2013 have made it to this “Honorable Mentions” list. First of all, I’d like to congratulate the authors of these fine tales. Great job, folks — and thank you so much for sending me your stories.
Secondly, I feel that once again, this says a lot about how seriously Lovecraftian fiction is taken these days. It’s not “fan fiction”, and it’s not “less than” other types of horror.
Here are the stories:
- The Strange Tale of Samuel Winchester, by Andrew Nicolle and Samantha Henderson (source)
- An Eidolon of Filth, by W.H. Pugmire (source)
- Beneath the Pier, by Stephen Mark Rainey (source)
I’m proud that these stories appeared in The Lovecraft eZine. Stay tuned… there are many more tales to be told.
Here are some links you might find useful:
- Lovecraft eZine – Making the Cut (nine “Honorable Mention” stories from 2012): print, Kindle
- Lovecraft eZine – Megapack 2011 (every story from our first year)
- Lovecraft eZine – Megapack 2012 (every story from our second year)
- Lovecraft eZine – Megapack 2013 (every story from our third year, plus columns by Robert M. Price)
- The Best Horror of the Year volume 6
Thanks for reading The Lovecraft eZine!