Many thanks to the publishers, editors, and authors who have sent books I’ve requested recently. (All of the covers are great, but I especially dig The Monster of Elendhaven cover. Wow.)
While I haven’t read all of these books (yet), I requested them because the synopses and/or the authors of the books really intrigued me. Check them out:
- The Monster of Elendhaven, by Jennifer Giesbrecht – “A black tide of perversity, violence, and lush writing. I loved it.” – Joe Hill
- All the Things We Never See, by Michael Kelly – “Michael Kelly’s sharp collection of uncanny stories will leave you questioning your relationships, your identity, and reality itself. These stories dig between your ribs and place a cold finger on your heart.” – Paul Tremblay
- Smoke and Dagger: A Spectra Files Prequel, by Douglas Wynne – Praise for The Spectra Files: “Black January unites the best tradition of thrillers and cosmic horror. Wynne expands upon Lovecraftian mythology with style.” – Laird Barron
- A Lush and Seething Hell, by John Hornor Jacobs – “A beautiful, haunting book full of beautiful, haunting prose. This is the best of what horror can be.” – Andy Davidson
- NowHereville, edited by Scott Gable and C. Dombrowski – Urban Weird; what a great concept! And look at this lineup of contributors: Nuzo Onoh, Maura McHugh, P. Djèlí Clark, Evan J. Peterson, S.P. Miskowski, Craig Laurance Gidney, Lynda E. Rucker, Tariro Ndoro, D.A. Xiaolin Spires, Mike Allen, Jeffrey Thomas, Erica L. Satifka, Kathe Koja, Leah Bobet, Ramsey Campbell, Wole Talabi, Stephen Graham Jones, R.B. Lemberg, and Cody Goodfellow
Enjoy the books!